Sayongsong is a rice-based delicacy of Agusan Del Norte. It is made of ground ordinary rice, ground glutinous rice, roasted peanut, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Juice from 1 piece lemoncito, better known as kalamansi, can be added if desired.
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind together with peanuts. Set aside.
3. Mix sugar and coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Filter and mix with all the other ingredients.
5. Cook in a pan with constant stirring until the mixture becomes firm. Put lemoncito juice.
6. Cool, mold into cones and wrap in banana leaves.
7. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.